Make the vote limit more than 2 or just completely remove it

yeah i absolutely hate the vote limit and i cant vote for this because of it dammit at least make it more than 2

3 Likes

I got my votes back suddenly, so this might be more of a rate limit thing

It could also be me getting a higher trust level though

2 Likes

i think its the higher trust level thing

2 Likes

Ok so you can’t upvote this post because there is a limit, but this post complains about that… It’s an infinite loop! Cri

2 Likes

yup :frowning: also i wanted the first emoji badge thing so yeah but it didnt work cause the emoji has to be in a main post thing

2 Likes

False! I did.
also do you see what i did with your name there :open_mouth:
How to fake quotes 101

2 Likes

Oh yeah thx Fvn :grinning: Gimme badge :3

1 Like

yeah uh i think that’s gonna be a problem

2 Likes

Not if the mods are active

1 Like

The main problem in my opinion is, there’s quite an amount of good feature requests, and Salad only has a few developers, so it’s gonna take a while before some feature requests actually get closed

3 Likes

That’s a good point, I think they should allow higher vote count and make them return by time.

3 Likes

I need to mention that salad didn’t create this forums they use a system called discourse which seems pretty limited on some stuff, you need to level up your trust level in order to achieve more votes and perks.
I did some google stuff and found this

maybe it can help you understand the system better.

(have cool rgb gif)

5 Likes

thats pretty annoying ngl

2 Likes

*The votes do replenish after a while I think, as I now have 2 extra votes to spend and I previously had none left.

Are you sure you didn’t get a higher trust level? If I’m not mistaken, higher trust level = more votes

EDIT: You got to the basic trust level 4 hours ago:
https://forum.salad.io/badges/1/basic?username=revyn

3 Likes

Ah, that makes sense

2 Likes

I would vote for this post, but I don’t have any more votes left. :stuck_out_tongue:

We’ve bumped up the number of votes you may cast. As noted by others, the number of votes you may case it tied to your “trust level” (a measure of your community participation and trust). Here are the new limits:

• trust level 0: 4
  • trust level 1: 8
  • trust level 2: 12
  • trust level 3: 20
  • trust level 4: 30

This seems fine given the community is small & growing. However, in the future, we may decrease these limits back to their default values. Once a feature request topic is closed (by the dev team), your previously cast votes are returned and you can cast them again on different topics.

There are a couple of reasons for limiting the number of votes you may cast. Notably, it forces you to choose only the most important requests. Otherwise, what would prevent you from upvoting every single feature request? And, if that happened, the team wouldn’t really have a way to gauge which items the community sees as being more important than others.

The limit is not meant to prevent voting fraud… if someone wanted to create 1,000 Salad accounts just to upvote a single request… it wouldn’t be worth our time trying to prevent that. But, it would be quite obvious if 1,000 accounts with trust level 0 were created just to upvote issues. If someone tries this, I think they’ll have to expect disinterest from the team.

5 Likes