Can't connect to nicehash pools for some reason

So I always wondered why it took so long for me to prep, so i took a look at my logs and realized there were lots of failed connections to nicehash pools for like 25 mins(my prep time also). Does anyone know a solution?

3 Likes

it’s most likely the fact that the nicehash pools have been having problems recently. im not sure of anything that can be done on your side of things, for its a problem with the pools themselves (i believe)

1 Like

NiceHash was only offline during the yasterday downage that they recovered fairly fast from but so far the pools are stable and online with no issues at all i’m currently externally mining to salad from phoenixminer and there are no issues whatsoever

so what i’d like to recommend for you is either stopping the app then restarting the process of Chopping again or submit a support ticket with your logs because no one else is experiencing this anymore

5 Likes

there are no problems with NiceHash at this current moment

I actually figured it out, my isp didnt allow me to connect to nicehash pools for some reason. I started using a vpn and the problem was solved.

3 Likes

*If you do not want to use a VPN, you could try changing your DNS provider:

First, try 1.1.1.1, it’s the easiest to use. You can either download their app, or if you don’t want to, here’s the direct link to the windows setup guide.

If that still doesn’t work, there’s another DNS provider you could try, in that case just reply to me

I dont think the dns server worked

I’m sorry to hear that your ISP is blocking access to the mining pool servers. I haven’t heard many reports of this, but it’s unfortunate that they’re disrupting participation in public blockchain networks. @Revyn’s recommendation is a great thing to try first. If it was only blocked at the DNS level, then using a better DNS server is the best way to workaround this issue.

If they’re actively blocking the IP addresses, then a VPN is one possible way to circumvent the rule. However, this can be problematic. First, if you’re using a VPN service, you should understand any security or privacy implications. Second, note that a VPN will introduce some latency and may result in stale or rejected shares. Third, be careful using the offerwalls. Most offerwall providers consider it a breach of their terms to access or complete offers when using a VPN. Doing so could result in being permanently banned.

I would recommend reaching out to your ISP and ask for the IP addresses to be unblocked. Some users have found that IP addresses are blocked by software in their home router/WiFi access point (e.g. McAfee security). It may also be worth a check to see if that’s the cause and if it can be disabled.

2 Likes

It seems that my isp only blocks nicehash pools specifically, but doesnt do that for ethermine. Is that normal?

1 Like

I do not think this is common. I have not heard many reports of mining pool servers being blocked. What ISP are you using?

1 Like

Not sure. Where can I find it?

1 Like

Your ISP is typically a company, a school, or a government organization. Most Internet plans cost money, so the ISP would be the organization that bills you for the service. If you don’t pay for it, you may need to ask the person that does.

1 Like

So i found out that my isp is “Comcast Cable Communications” and to be completely honest i havent told my parents that i mine so it might be difficult solving this issue. I’m beginning to think that this may not be an isp issue since its just so unusual. This is what my log looks like when I’m not using a vpn.

2 Likes

Update: It is an isp issue. I guess I will need to use a vpn to mine.

1 Like